Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ups and downs

Dug this out of my drafts box and decided to finish the idea:

"It seems that life continues to change, day to day. Josiah gets bigger, different jobs at work, Jessie has different jobs going on, we have money, then we don't. It is nice that there its a progression and not just stagnant, though it can be tiring.
Most of the time I am thankful but I find myself wondering: what more could I be doing? Not anything different but doing things better, getting more out of what I have going on."

In a sense I have a lot going for me.  I am not of this world, I have traveled off the beaten path.  I am not your average 26 year old man/kid.  My dad was informing Jessie and I of this just the other day, in comparison to some of the others in circles near us who are around the same age.

I don't feel special, or like I stand out among the crowd, though I am sure I do.  I decided to get married, decided college wasn't my thing and to get a job and work for a living.  I could still be in school with a burden of debt and a little knowledge to show for it.  I have thought about what it would be like if I had gone into culinary arts or computers, two of my interests from high school.  As a chef, I may have ended up as an obese alcoholic....  A computer tech, bored obese alcoholic.... no offense or correlation to anyone I know, i just know how I would respond to those things in my life.

Yet, I choose to work with my hands and sweat.  On an up note I am doing more technical work in fire alarms, though it is a variety of tasks.  I know God is in this showing me to be diligent and teaching me to love rest and time with my family.

I know God desires glory and to have that come from my life and my day to day actions.  In acknowledging him I understand that I am incapable and need His strength.  Does that bother me?  I am I concerned that I am "incapable?" No way! I know that first hand, more than anyone.  On the outside though I would like to maintain that I am able and strong, though it is not very hard for me to break,.

No comments:

Post a Comment